Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Delicious California Wine


I know it's next to sacrilegious to suggest a California wine in a blog that is essentially about Spanish food and wine, but given that I have been living in California for the last year or so, I have been making a concerted effort to get to know some local wines.

Last night at Canele (http://www.canele-la.com/) a wonderful neighbourhood restaurant in Atwater, I tried the Orin Swift Cellars 2007 The Prisoner Red Wine. It is a blend of all sorts of grapes (the Orin Swift website will satisfy those curious about more specifics). I found it to be bold without being overpowering. Orin Swift describes it as having "great color, deep, dark garnet with a clean and bright red band in the rim".



Soon I will post about some lovely Spanish wines that you are now able to get in the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment